Friday, April 6, 2012

Wet N Wild "Baked, Not Fried" Palette

Hey Everybody!

Back in November (yes...I said November. A bit late on this post, I know, but better late than never!), I purchased two of the Wet N Wild Limited Edition Coloricon holiday palettes. Each of these kits came with a palette containing six baked eyeshadows and one shimmer eyeliner. Today, I will be reviewing the "Baked, Not Fried" palette. 





One complaint that I found was with the packaging. The palette has a clear plastic lid that slips on and off freely (not pictured above). When the lid is on the palette, it does feel relatively snug, but I would still not feel completely comfortable carrying this palette around in my purse.

I was drawn to this palette because my makeup collection was seriously lacking in neutral colors. These shades are lovely and have a nice amount of shimmer to them.


Lets see if the swatches are just as lovely, shall we? :-)

Applied dry with no primer
The colors are pretty and shimmery, but lacking a bit in pigmentation when applied dry with no primer. The copper-brown in the lower right-hand corner had quite a bit of fallout and the texture wasn't as smooth as the others. As far as the shimmer eyeliner goes, I was actually quite impressed! I generally don't expect very much when it comes to liners that are included in these types of kits, but this one had a surprisingly smooth application!

I did more dry swatches of these colors, but this time over a primer.

Applied dry over a primer
That's a little bit better! The colors definitely pop quite a bit more when applied over a primer.

The final test was to see how they looked when applied wet over a primer.

Applied wet over a primer

Now that's the color payoff I was looking for! Beautiful!

Overall I'm very happy that I picked up this palette. When I first began swatching the colors (dry, no primer), I will say that I was initially very disappointed. I have other baked shadows that have a much better color payoff without using a primer than these did. However, after seeing how much they improved when applied over a primer, both wet and dry, I was much happier!

Sadly, since I'm very behind on posting a review on these, I don't believe that these pretty little things can be found at their original price of $4.99 (I did a quick Amazon.com search and found somebody trying to sell this palette for $20!). However, I'm sure we will see more holiday palettes from Wet N Wild that may be worth looking into in the future :-).

Thanks for reading! Hope everybody is having a wonderful day!

Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment